Most assessment solutions tell you what you should measure, rather than trusting that you know what individual traits are most important in a unique role in your organization.
Measure What Matters
At HighMatch, we believe our clients know best what qualities are most critical. So we give them the ability to measure those individual qualities, in their language, not ours, which increases adoption rates among hiring managers.
A custom assessment from HighMatch, developed in partnership with our Services team, measures the individual qualities aligned to a specific role and/or their company culture.
Talent teams and hiring managers can select a trait from a library of sample traits, or they can partner with our Services team to develop a custom trait. All custom assessments are delivered using our new, mobile-first custom assessment platform.
Benefits of A
A streamlined assessment designed to measure just those individual qualities and skills critical to success in the role and the organization, delivered in a mobile-friendly interface, has a number of key benefits, including:
More actionable insight than a generic assessment
- ADOPTION RATE
A higher adoption rate among recruiters and hiring managers
- CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE
A better candidate experience and higher completion rates
- CULTURAL ALIGNMENT
The best possible match with company culture and values
How It Works
We engage with clients to fully understand what individual traits they want to measure, perform a job analysis to confirm the trait is appropriate for the role and perform a benchmark study to ensure the trait equates to success
We develop a custom solution using a holistic mix of content and services, and clearly demonstrate how the proposed solution will measurably impact relevant KPIs for that specific role
We deploy our services team and field our custom assessments, applying predictive analytics to responses and providing objective analysis and insights from the factors collected
We align our data use and reporting with client’s specific needs, from automated screening to helping inform interviews with hiring managers, and deliver insights in whatever format is preferred by clients
While our team of psychologists take pride in partnering with you to develop custom traits using your organization’s language, we also have a deep bench of pre-existing traits as well. Selecting a single trait from this pre-existing list of traits can often speed up implementation.
Our pre-existing traits include:
- Competitiveness: Be concerned with winning, outperforming or otherwise standing out from their peers and others
- Detail Orientation: Be deliberate, careful and exact when reviewing information for accuracy
- Empathy: Listen, understand and take the perspective of another person
- Flexibility: Adjust their own behavior and approach depending on their circumstances
- Friendliness: Be warm, approachable and pleasant towards others
- Independence: Develop their own approach and be comfortable working with little or no support
- Influence: Approach conflict or disagreement with a desire to change others’ perspectives rather than their own
- Innovative: Consider creative, uncommon solutions to a wide variety of problems
- Learning Orientation: Enjoy and be active in the process of learning, thinking and being intellectually challenged
- Monetary-Orientation: Prioritize financial gain and advancement as important aspects of their career
- Objective: Prioritize facts and data over emotions and feelings when making decisions
- Organized: Be tidy and meticulous in how they manage their workspace and time
- Outgoing: Be socially driven and active in efforts to build relationships with others
- Outspokenness: Be comfortable and sufficiently motivated to lead others in a team environment
- Positive Attitude: Have an optimistic, “can-do” attitude towards obstacles and challenges
- Reliability: Be aware and motivated to meet others expectations and stick to one’s commitments
- Resilience: Bounce back from mistakes, criticism or insults quickly and positively
- Risk Tolerance: Be comfortable making decisions and taking actions that have uncertain outcomes
- Rule-Conscious: Be rule-conscious and compliance-minded with regard to safety processes and guidelines
- Sense of Urgency: Pursue targets and objectives with a persistent drive and determination to bring tasks to a successful conclusion
- Strategic Thinking: Think about the long-term implications and consequences of their actions and decisions
- Stress Tolerance: Remain steady and focused in the face of stressful situations or when working under pressure
Not seeing the trait you want to measure?
No problem, our Services team made up of industrial and organizational (I/O) psychologists will partner with you to create and validate a custom assessment with your specific trait.
Connect with a Product Specialist to learn more.Learn more
They Trust Us
Measuring Culture Fit
Organizations large and small all share a desire to find candidates who will not only excel in the role they are applying for, but also exhibit those traits, abilities and skills which lead to success in the organization.
Candidates who check both boxes tend to stay longer and are more likely to grow into leadership roles in the organization.
Learn more about how HighMatch Culture Fit Solution.Learn more
Our Services team includes experienced Industrial and Organizational (I/O) psychologists and consultants with decades of experience partnering with leading brands across multiple industries.
Craig Ellis, VP of Services Ph.D. in Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Auburn
Craig’s background is in pre-employment testing and psychometrics. He has more than 10 years of experience as an assessment scientist and organizational consultant. He’s developed assessments aimed at evaluating person-organization fit, and he’s created and validated selection systems for a variety of organizations across multiple industries. He’s consulted with companies to develop competency-driven succession plans and supported their efforts through executive assessment and leadership coaching.
Craig believes deeply in bringing science and data into the organizational decision-making process – specifically around selection and talent management practices.
Craig holds a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Troy University and a Master’s and Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Auburn University. He currently lives in Madison, AL with his wife, Mandi, and four children, Emelia, Thomas, Rosemary, and Shepard. He’s an avid college football fan (War Eagle!) and enjoys fitness and golf in his spare time.
Melissa Kapnek MA, SPHR, SHRM-CP, FPC
Melissa Kapnek, MA, SPHR, SHRM-CP, FPC is an Assessment Consultant at Berke, where she specializes in job analysis & statistical benchmarking to create predictive hiring profiles.
Melissa has over a dozen years of experience in Human Resources in job classification and workplace assessment, for both government entities and the private sector. She focuses on using empirical data to help our customers make better hiring decisions and translates academic research into practical applications for Human Resource Professionals.
Melissa holds a Master’s degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology from University of Georgia and a Bachelor’s degree in English from Florida State University.
Download our ‘Improving Diversity & Inclusion’ Fact Sheet
The need for consistency in the hiring process is paramount to avoid the dual risks of unconscious bias creeping into the interview process and inability for multiple interviewers to evaluate candidates across a common set of criteria.
Download our D&I Fact Sheet for additional facts around the cost of unconscious bias, and learn how the right pre-employment assessment can help remove bias from your hiring process.download
Need a different guide to improve your hiring process?
If so, then look no further!
Whether you are new to recruiting or an experienced hiring manager, our guides have something for you.